Location: Stockton, CA
The Assistant Director of Child Support Services is a single position class that is exempt from the San Joaquin County Civil Service system and is an at-will position. The incumbent is responsible for assisting the Director with leading, managing and administering the programs, functions, budgets, and activities of the Department of Child Support Services; helping to ensure departmental compliance with California Department of Child Support Services as well as federal requirements, regulations and policies; and acting in the absence of the Director as required. The incumbent will model a strong work ethic and leadership skills, including accountability for oneself and others. This class is distinguished from the Director of Child Support Services in that the latter class has overall administrative responsibility for Child Support Services.
Salary – $93,392—$113,526 Annually
- Assists the Director with planning, organizing and directing the development and delivery of local child support services, including support administration and enforcement services, collection and distribution of child support, consultation, investigation, and legal support.
- Assists with directing the operations and timeliness of a complex child support accounts receivable system, including related accounting systems and state reporting systems.
- Assists with providing administrative oversight to the Human Resources functions of the Department; direct the activities of departmental staff through
subordinate managers and supervisors; selects staff and evaluates performance; reviews and takes action on disciplinary matters.
- Assists with the development of operational policies and procedures; analyzes and interprets existing and proposed legislation and state policies,
procedures and other directives to determine impact on operations.
- Analyzes reports and statistical data; summarizes information and prepares or supervises preparation of reports for management, state, and federal agencies.
- Assists with the coordination of the provision of services with affected agencies and other County departments.
- Attends meetings and provides recommendations on issues germane to the department.
- Assists with the direction of staff in the preparation and monitoring of departmental and state budgets; determines appropriate levels of services; analyzes services to ensure cost efficiency and adequate service levels and superior customer service.
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Master’s degree in business or public administration, or a closely related discipline.
Experience: Five years of experience performing duties in a public agency in an administrative or management position, preferably in a child support enforcement agency.
How to Apply
Apply Online Today: Website: www.sjgov.org/department/hr final filing date is December 27, 2016.
San Joaquin County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Or submit your application, supplemental and resume to:
San Joaquin County Human Resources
Attn: Kathy Parker
44 N. San Joaquin Street Suite 330
Stockton, CA 95202
If warranted by the number of applicants, applications may be reviewed by a screening panel. If utilized, the screening panel will select those most qualified to be considered for participation in selection processes.
Final candidates will be interviewed by the Director of Child Support Services. Final appointment will be conditional upon passing a pre-employment drugscreen and background investigation.
This position is exempt from the San Joaquin County Civil Service system. Appointments to exempt positions are at-will and are not governed by the Civil Service Rules.