Location: Trenton, New Jersey
Under direction of a division director or deputy director, directs the staff and activities of an operational unit responsible for providing either general administrative or fiscal management activities, program policy and planning services, or varied social, medical, assistance, health care, and other services to a specific client population; does other related work.
OCSS is responsible for the collection/distribution of over $1billion in child support income upon which more than 700,000 children and families rely. As the designated Single State Agency, OCSS is responsible for: locating non-custodial parents, establishing paternity, obtaining/enforcing child support obligations and securing medical support (health insurance). OCSS interfaces daily with parents, as well as the AOC, County Welfare Agencies, Probation, County Sheriffs, IRS, Social Security, banks, Treasury, OIT, DCF, DOC, DMAHS and many contracted vendors which perform delegated functions.
- Report to Division Director and will be responsible for the management and administration of the Office of Child Support Services (OCSS) as mandated by Title IV-D of the Social Security Act
- Serves as the federal program and policy liaison
- Ensures regulatory compliance and data integrity
- Manages the daily operations of 100 employees and additional contract staff.
- Responsible for legislative review, budget planning, contract and grant management, project implementation, a training institute and programmatic components of IT development and maintenance related to child support
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree
- Six (6) years of experience in a public or private organization involved in programs providing either social/community, medical/health, rehabilitation/education, or vocational/occupational services to a specific client population (mentally/physically handicapped, developmentally disabled, juvenile offenders, socially/economically disadvantaged
- three (3) years of which shall have involved management responsibilities, including responsibility for budget/fiscal affairs.
- Two (2) years of professional experience in the area of Child Support related matters.
How to Apply
Interested candidates possessing the requirements listed, should forward resumes with the job opportunity # as indicated below by June 17, 2014.
HR Recruitment Unit
Division of Family Development
Office of Human Resources
5 Quakerbridge Plaza, P.O. Box 716
Trenton, NJ 08625-0716
Fax #: (609) 588-4598