Location: St. Paul , MN
The current Assistant Division Director vacancy is within the Child Support Services Division. To function as assistant director of a designated division (Criminal Division, Juvenile Division, Civil Division, Human Services Legal Division, Administration Division or Child Support Services Division) of the Office of the Ramsey County Attorney; to participate as a member of the County Attorney’s Management Team in the formulation and implementation of policies and procedures for carrying out the responsibilities of the Office of the County Attorney; to assist in the supervision and direction of division staff in carrying out the mission of the assigned division; to perform designated non-managerial functions specific to the functions of the division to which assigned; and to perform related duties as assigned.
Salary – $96,403.97 – $143,320.64 /annually
- Promote a diverse, culturally competent, and respectful workplace.
Direct community outreach relationships and programs to attract and retain a diverse workforce.
- Assist the division director in the supervision and management of all functions of the division to which assigned, and function as division director in the director’s absence.
- Perform designated specialized non-supervisory functions relating to the functions of the division to which assigned.
- Conduct performance appraisals on attorneys, law clerks, paralegals, support staff, and child support supervisors.
- Assist in the supervision of attorneys, law clerks, paralegals, support staff, child support supervisors and child support enforcement staff by reviewing, evaluating, revising and discussing legal opinions, charging decisions, and litigation pleadings, strategies and settlements, so that legal positions and office policy are thoughtful, accurate, consistent and well-communicated.
- Conduct/participate in meetings of Division, County Attorney’s Management Team, other Management Teams within Ramsey County and other Ramsey County committees.
- Upon the request of the County Attorney, provide public information by speaking to media, individual citizens or groups, and respond to questions and complaints from the public to facilitate understanding of the functions of the Office of the Ramsey County Attorney and the law.
Read full description here.
For Assistant Division Directors in Child Support Services or Administration Divisions:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in public administration, business administration or a related field.
Experience: Three years of administrative/managerial experience in a comparable environment.
Substitution: Experience may substitute for education, and education for experience on a year-for-year basis.