Location: Sacramento, California
The person in this position will plan, direct, manage, supervise and perform a variety of tasks involving case establishment, collections, and distribution of family and child support within the Department of Child Support Services.
- Any combination of experience and education or training that is likely to provide the required knowledge and abilities for this class. Typical ways to obtain the knowledge and abilities include:
- LEVEL II: One year of experience in Sacramento County service in (Level I) of Child Support Officer, as a Revenue Collection Specialist Trainee, Eligibility Worker, or in any class performing comparable duties.
- Or: One year of investigative experience using various search procedures, including skip tracing techniques, in locating, observing, and interviewing individuals, and preparing reports of findings.
- LEVEL I: One year of clerical experience in the Sacramento County office of child support with duties involving case intervention and/or in the public service unit.
- Or: One year of billing or collection work, including interviewing debtors with a company or agency not using a collection agency.
- Or: Completion of 60 semester units from an accredited college or university. (Note: Copy of transcripts or diploma must be submitted.)
Note: The word “experience” referenced in the minimum qualifications means full-time paid experience unless the job announcement states that volunteer experience is acceptable. Part-time paid experience may be accumulated and pro-rated to meet the total experience requirements.
Note: If the minimum qualifications include an educational or certificate/license requirement, applicants must submit proof of requirements with the application. Failure to submit proof of requirements may result in disqualification from the examination. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. For guidelines on submitting acceptable proof of educational requirements, please click here or speak to someone in our office before the cut-off date listed in this notice.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. All applicants must complete and submit a County of Sacramento employment application online, in person, or by mail, by 5:00 PM on the posted cut-off date. Learn more about this position on Sacramento County’s job page.
County of Sacramento
Department of Personnel Services
Employment Services Division
700 H Street, Room 4667
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone 916-874-5593; 7-1-1 California Relay Service
Inter-Office Mail Code: 09-4667