Location: San Bernardino, CA
The Department of Child Support Services is recruiting for a Deputy Director, Child Support to plan, organize, and direct a major division of the Department of Child Support Services. Deputy Directors formulate and implement policies, procedures and methods; analyze management reports and operational data; facilitate goal accomplishment; and ensure compliance with federal and state laws. This position is located in Loma Linda.
Salary – $78,208.00 – $107,764.80 Annually
- The essential functions of this classification include:
Direct, through subordinate managers, departmental functions including: establishment and enforcement of child support obligations; accounting; automated systems; staff development and
- Recommend new and revised program and department goals, policies, procedures, and methods;provide consultation and interpretation of policies and procedures to subordinate managers and
Education: Thirty (30) semester (45 quarter) units of completed college coursework in public/business administration, administration of justice, behavioral/social science, English, math, humanities, or human services. At least half of the units must be upper division. Completion of the Management
Leadership Academy (MLA) in the County of San Bernardino will be accepted toward the required upper division coursework on the basis of 4 quarter units of credit per MLA management and/or executive track completed.
Applicants must meet one of the following options:
- Option 1: Two (2) years of management experience overseeing staff in a state or county Child Support
- Option 2: Three (3) years of experience in a state or county agency analyzing Child Support program/operational practices and making policy and procedural recommendations to ensure compliance with federal or state program requirements. Experience must include at least one (1) year of supervisory or management experience over technical or administrative staff in a government agency.
- Option 3: Three (3) years of professional-level administrative/management experience in a government agency with primary responsibility for the development of the agency’s or department’s budget and management of its fiscal operations. Experience must include developing budget justification, performing financial analysis of programs and business operations, and at least one (1) year of supervisory or management experience over staff supporting these functions.
How to Apply
Applications may be obtained and filed online at: http://www.sbcounty.gov/hr
(909) 387-8304 • TTY Users: 711
157 West Fifth Street, 1st Floor, San Bernardino, CA 92415
An Equal Employment Opportunity and ADA Compliant Employer