Location: Camarillo, California
The Director directs and manages the overall administration of the Department including policy decisions, strategic plans, budget, and development of staff. The Director is also responsible for ensuring that operations are consistent with federal, state, and local regulations. As Department Director, the incumbent reports to the Board of Supervisors and Chief Executive Officer.
$152,716.42 – $213,823.94 per year
- Establish and achieve departmental priorities, goals and objectives;
- Determine service and program needs while considering short and long range financial impact;
- Implement quantifiable measurements to measure success of projects;
- Collaborate with the California Department of Child Support Services on statewide project, priorities and programs;
- Serve on statewide committees to advance the interests of the child support program; • Work with other County departments and the Board of Supervisors to advance the needs of the Department and County; and
- Represent the Department to external stakeholders, including state child support officials, community based organizations, and the public.
The ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited
college or university; extensive management experience in a
large organization, that includes in-depth knowledge of
government programs at the federal, state or local level; the
ability to apply independent judgment and discretion; excellent
communication and interpersonal skills; strong analytical and
critical thinking skills; a high level of integrity and strong sense of
ethics, strategic planning experience; budget development and
administration skills; and a vision for supporting families.
To apply for this exceptional and unique career opportunity, please do one of the following: E-mail your current resume to: email@example.com;
Mail a hard copy of your current resume to Jessica Ruiz; County of Ventura Human Resources; 800 South Victoria Avenue, L-1970, Ventura CA 93009; Submit an on-line application at www.ventura.org/jobs and attach your current resume.
First review of applications is anticipated to be on May 12, 2017.