Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
**This announcement will be used to fill three identical vacancies**
These positions provide an opportunity for you to use your expertise as a member of the Agency and county Performance division to support the Department of Human Services (DHS) and counties in evaluating and improving human services for the people of Minnesota. This division is located in the Office for Equity, Performance and Development in DHS. We are nationally recognized for our progressive leadership in human services. Our mission, working with many others, is to help people meet their basic needs, live in dignity, and achieve their highest potential.
In addition to challenging work and the chance to serve Minnesota with a team of professional colleagues, the State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefit package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
These positions will serve as the resource to counties to improve performance in accordance with the human performance management system. They will interact regularly with all levels and areas of DHS, as well as county human service management and staff, the human services performance council, Minnesota Association of County Social Service Administrators, and Association of Minnesota Counties, tribes, advocacy groups, human services clientele, and legislators.
- Analyzing county performance data and comparing performance levels to established standards.
- Producing reports which demonstrate specific county performance.
- Facilitating the exchange of information between counties.
- Assisting counties to improve performance by:
- Providing advice regarding county performance improvement plans.
- Developing best practices.
- Researching and providing creative solutions and innovative ideas.
- Providing technical assistance such as developing training for best practices.
- Assisting in the development of implementation and communication plans for the performance management system that includes specific goals, deliverables and timelines.
- Supporting the work of the performance council including meeting facilitation, documentation and completing research.
- Collaborating with counties, DHS administrations, and other affected stakeholders to improve performance and achieve outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher level degree in social work, sociology, psychology, public policy, public health, law, information technology, or other or other related fields OR Bachelor’s degree in any field and professional experience working in human services AND 3 years of experience working with or in county human services.
- Understanding of the roles and interrelationships of county, state, federal and community agencies.
- Experience working with one or more essential human services such as the following:
- children’s mental health
- children’s disability services
- public assistance eligibility (MFIP, health care, food support, child care or other cash programs)
- child support
- chemical dependency
- adult disability
- adult mental health
- adult services such as long term care
- adult protection
- child welfare (protection, truancy, minor parent, guardianship and adoption)
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as evidenced by previous successful collaborative experience.
- Experience with at least two of the following:
- program evaluation
- research relating to best practices
- report-writing and presenting
- statistics and data analysis
- continuous improvement
- project management
- business analysis
- work group facilitation
- Strong customer service focus and the ability to work with a diverse group of internal and external customers.
- Sensitivity and respect for the cultural and other differences they may encounter in interacting with co-workers or serving our customers. The incumbent must be aware of and sensitive to the different communities represented inside and external to DHS and applies diversity concepts in relation to daily work, decisions, and interactions with people: in person, via phone and while using website and mail communications.
IN ADDITION TO YOUR RESUME, IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST DESCRIBE IN A STATEMENT HOW YOU MEET EACH OF THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS with reference to your experience and education.
GO TO My State Job Search at http://www.careers.state.mn.us/, then to Resume Builder and Edit Your Resume. Include your statement under Job-Specific Questions.
- Knowledge of or experience working with DHS and county information systems.
- Expertise in one of the following: program evaluation, best practice research, report-writing and presenting, statistics and data analysis, continuous improvement, project management, business analysis, or work group facilitation.
- Knowledge of two or more of the essential services.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates MUST apply through the State of Minnesota Careers website, which is the state’s official hiring site. Below are detailed instructions on how to submit your resume and apply. If you have additional questions you can contact the recruitment office at 651-431-3674 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to apply at your earliest convenience before the position closes at MIDNIGHT on FRIDAY, JANUARY 3rd, 2013.
Submit your resume:
- Visit www.careers.state.mn.us
- Select “My State Job Search” (upper right hand corner)
- Select “Create a My State Job Search Account”
- Complete the instructions under New Account
- Once your account has been established, select “Resume Builder”
- Build a resume or paste a text copy of your existing resume
- Use the “Job-Specific Questions” space for your cover letter (optional)
- Complete required sections of “Supplemental Information”
- You MUST click “Submit Your Resume” at the bottom of the page!
Apply for the Performance Management Coordinator opening after you have created your new account and submitted your resume (note: the state classification for this position is Agency Policy Specialist):
- Select “Apply for Jobs”
- Select “Apply for Positions”
- Enter this posting number: 13DHS002417
- Select “Continue” and verify the position is correct
- Select “Apply”
- Save your user ID and password for future use.
- Make sure your resume clearly states all relevant skills and experience, along with the beginning and ending months and years of each position you have held.
- If you have any difficulties, contact the website helpdesk at 651-259-3637 or email@example.com.