Location: Charleston County, South Carolina
Close Date: October 22, 2014
Under limited supervision of Assistant Director for ICSSD Regional Operations, this position manages a regional office of Integrated Child Support Services This is responsible for the administration of IV-D operations for the counties within the region to assure compliance with all Federal and State policies and regulations.
- Manages a Regional Child Support Services Office by planning, organizing, directing, and controlling IV-D field operations within the region to assure the achievement of program goals and objectives (i.e. locates, obligations, paternities, collections. Assures compliance within the region of federally required activities for administration, case management locate, investigative and legal functions assigned to the regional office.
- Supervises all office staff in the performance of their duties. Ensures all staff are properly trained and personnel actions are handled promptly and correctly. Oversees caseload assignments assuring that assignments are fair and equitable.
- Oversees the administrative process of establishing paternity and support obligations. Ensures that cases are scheduled promptly in assigned counties, service of process is completed, genetic testing is coordinated with the testing laboratory, conferences are conducted properly and professionally, and orders are established that correctly apply the child support guidelines. Ascertains that defaults, follow-up after negotiations, and locate efforts are taken on cases that require additional action.
- Oversees the enforcement process of child support cases with existing orders. Works closely with license revocation specialists ensuring compliance with policy and procedures concerning license revocations. Reviews statistics and monitors performance. Monitors court dockets for assigned counties assuring that cases are scheduled for contempt of court hearings for failure to pay child support as ordered. Coordinates with liaison for Clerks of Court and Sheriff’s Department when problems develop with lack of court time and service problems. Works closely with Clerks of Court on New Hire Reporting ensuring cases are being processed for wage attachments. Oversees liens and ensures compliance in region on classes involving bankruptcy.
- Oversees Uniform Interstate Family Support Act(UIFSA) for assigned Regional office. Ensures timely processing of interstate cases. Assists with determining the controlling order when multiple orders exist. Contacts other state when necessary.
- Directs regional office response to self-assessment audits. Reviews findings for assigned Region Office from Program Quality Assurance that will be reported to federal office concerning federal mandates. Rebuts findings as necessary. Identifies trends of not meeting timeframes. Develops and implements correction action procedures that will increase effectiveness in establishment, enforcement, locate and other activities that require federal criteria be met within determined timeframes based on self-assessment findings.
- Manages the region’s non-custodial parent application process as well as access/visitation and fatherhood initiatives. Supervises a special process regarding NCP applications for establishment of paternity and review of existing order. Coordinates and consults with attorneys to avoid conflicts of interest. Partners with community partners and federal grantees to provide employment training and responsible fatherhood services to non-custodial parents. Ensures that eligible persons are referred for services.
- Coordinates region’s daily operations with other IV-D Divisions, Clerks of Court, County DSS offices and Family Courts. Acts as a liaison with other areas to ensure timely and efficient case processing.
- Responds to case inquiries from legislators, Federal OCSE, customers, Governor’s Office, etc. Ensure that walk-ins, telephone inquiries and problem cases are handled properly.
- Ensures Personal Identifying Information (PII) is properly used, accessed, gathered, shared and disposed of to protect the agency networks and applications by safeguarding system, equipment, and data.
- Develops and monitors budget for the Regional Office Index/PCA.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- A Master’s Degree and three (3) years of experience in any combination of social work, management, business administration, administrative services or public administration.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and four (4) years of experience in any combination of social work, management, business administration, administrative services or public administration.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, and procedures relevant to child support services program.
- Must possess the ability to interpret State and Federal laws and regulations.
- Must possess the ability to work with other areas of Integrated Child Support Services Division, Clerks of Court, and County DSS offices.
- Knowledge of Social Security Act helpful but background in other government or relevant sector experience may be substituted.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
How to Apply
All applicants must apply online. All correspondence from the office of Human Resources will be through electronic mail. DSS Employment Unit Phone: 803-898-9390.