Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
This Child Welfare Quality Assurance Program Consultant position provides an opportunity for you to use your expertise as a member of a high-performing team with the opportunity to achieve real and meaningful improvements in child welfare practice that means better outcomes for children and families in this state.
This position will provide individualized quality assurance review design, implementation, data collection, data analysis, and county specific performance improvement planning for county and tribal agencies. They will lead planning and coordination for specialized policy areas through the quality assurance process and play a significant role in advancing and improving child welfare practice and ensure alignment with the child welfare practice model, state child welfare policy and priorities using the quality assurance process.
The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
- Lead and conduct quality assurance child welfare service reviews and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Develop questionnaires, collect and analyze data, draw conclusions and summarize results in report form.
- Develop and implement mechanisms to ensure timely, efficient and consistent application of quality assurance processes and procedures.
- Maintain expertise regarding best practices in quality assurance of child welfare.
- Providing leadership to build organizational effectiveness of child welfare practice in county and tribal agencies.
- Develop and implement quality assurance and quality improvement products and services to respond to the needs of county and tribal agencies and within the division.
- Advise management concerning recommended practice and quality assurance policy.
Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field AND 3 years of professional experience demonstrating:
- Expert level knowledge and experience working in public child welfare.
- Knowledge of best practice for child protection, foster care and permanency programs.
- Knowledge of child welfare policy, practice and research and ability to remain current.
- Knowledge of and ability to use the Social Service Information System (SSIS).
- Ability to provide expert technical assistance to county and tribal agencies to improve practice.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with county and tribal agencies and other child welfare professionals.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and to adapt to organizational and program changes.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and travel throughout Minnesota for up to 10 weeks per year, including overnight stays.
- Advanced degree in social work or a related field.
- Supervisor or manager level experience in the child welfare system.
- Demonstration of creativity and innovation in approaches to complex systemic problems.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates MUST apply through the State of Minnesota Careers website, which is the state’s official hiring site. Below are detailed instructions on how to submit your resume and apply. If you have additional questions you can contact the recruitment office at 651-431-3674 or email@example.com. Please be sure to apply at your earliest convenience before the position closes at MIDNIGHT on FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 1st 2013.
Submit your resume:
- Visit www.careers.state.mn.us
- Select “My State Job Search” (upper right hand corner)
- Select “Create a My State Job Search Account”
- Complete the instructions under New Account
- Once your account has been established, select “Resume Builder”
- Build a resume or paste a text copy of your existing resume
- Use the “Job-Specific Questions” space for your cover letter (optional)
- Complete required sections of “Supplemental Information”
- You MUST click “Submit Your Resume” at the bottom of the page!
Apply for the Quality Assurance Program Consultant opening after you have created your new account and submitted your resume (note: the state job classification for this position is Social Svcs Prog Consultant):
- Select “Apply for Jobs”
- Select “Apply for Positions”
- Enter this posting number: 13DHS002129
- Select “Continue” and verify the position is correct
- Select “Apply”
- Save your user ID and password for future use.
- Make sure your resume clearly states all relevant skills and experience, along with the beginning and ending months and years of each position you have held.
- If you have any difficulties, contact the Website Help Desk at 651-259-3637 or firstname.lastname@example.org.