The NCSEA Leadership Symposium, launched in 2015, is designed to provide directors, managers and leaders in the child support community with the content focused on nurturing current and future leaders. This audience includes those who lead within their offices, regardless of title. Traditionally, two-thirds of conference attendees have been in the child support profession for more than ten years, reflecting vast programmatic knowledge and experience. The NCSEA Leadership Symposium focuses on courses that combine knowledge and experience in the child support program with education on developing core leadership skills, such as critical thinking, decision-making and the visioning/strategic thinking processes.
NCSEA’s Leadership Symposium Planning Committee is seeking proposals for sessions within the NCSEA Leadership Symposium that will provide relevant, dynamic knowledge to attendees while enhancing their professional development. Workshops are sixty (60) or seventy-five (75) minutes in length, including audience interaction (question & answer). NCSEA will determine the length and scheduling of workshops based on scheduling availability.
In order to achieve a balanced conference program, NCSEA’s Leadership Symposium Planning Committee reserves the right to combine proposals, and request that some or all of the content be included in another presentation and/or co-presented.
Submissions must be made using the attached form, and include the following:
- Presentation Title
- Area of Emphasis/Topic Area
- Presentation Description
- Target Audience
- Statement of Learning Objectives
- Recommended presenters, including title and organization
- Detailed Description of Session
- Presentation format. Creative formats are welcome and appreciated.
Per NCSEA policy, honoraria or travel expenses are not paid to speakers unless authorized by the Planning Committee and NCSEA Executive Committee.
We recommend that private sector submissions be partnered with one or more public sector partners. Presentations cannot be sales pitches, used as a platform to sell or promote a specific company, product, or service.
NCSEA may choose to combine proposals, and request that some or all of the content be included in another presentation.
The Leadership Symposium looks to provide attendees with key knowledge to share with their agencies and organizations.
- Proposals should feature unique approaches and new innovations to address old problems, effective best practices, technology, leadership and management skills, proposed regulatory and legislative changes, CLE-eligible programming and more.
- Submissions accepted must agree to adhere to a timeline provided by NCSEA to submit conference materials, including power point presentations, and supplementary materials in advance of the conference.
- This is your opportunity to showcase a new program, a successful program, or deliver existing training related to a child support topic.
- Submissions must be received in the NCSEA office by COB, Friday, February 3, 2017. Submit via:
- Online at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2017LeadershipSymposium , or
- Use only the Call for Proposals Submission Form
All proposals will be reviewed and those selected will be advised by Friday, February 17, 2017.
Questions about the Call for Presentations should be directed to Cozzie King, firstname.lastname@example.org , or 703-506-3271