Location: Santa Rosa, CA
The Assistant Director of Child Support Services assists in the overall direction of the Child Support Department and in managing, planning, organizing and coordinating a diverse range of child support programs and services; manages the overall administration of the department including case management, fiscal, human resources, and information technology services; manages departmental staff; provides highly responsible and complex support to the Director regarding department projects, policies, goals and priorities; and performs related duties as required.
Salary – $103,980.32-$126,395.99/annually
- Proven human resources, fiscal, facilities/safety, contracts/grants, technology issues, and administrative experience in a public environment, preferably in Child Support Services.
- Ability to develop creative and alternative solutions to administrative and management challenges.
- Ability to direct and manage workloads for several programs and services with diverse staff.
- Ability to represent the Director and/or Department and function as liaison with the California.
- State Department of Child Support Services on statewide projects, priorities, and programs.
- A team player that builds and maintains effective relationships with other County departments, state child support officials, community-based organizations, schools, and other external stakeholders, including the public.
- A strategic thinker with the ability to use data and program indicators to develop a departmental vision.
- Experienced in government finance and accounting, including cost effectiveness and budget allocation.
- A confident, inspiring leader and motivator with the ability to exercise initiative, good judgment, and tact.
Qualifications for this position normally include significant coursework at an accredited college or university in the areas of public administration, business administration, finance, accounting, human resources, law, social work or a closely related field; and four years of progressively responsible management level experience in a general administrative or program management capacity of which at least three years were working in the field of child support services or a closely related area. A bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field is desirable.
Apply by 10/06/16! To view the complete position details and apply online, visit us at www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org or phone HR at 707-565-8059. EOE