Location: Stockton, California
San Joaquin County is seeking a strong leader with experience in an administrative or management position to fill the role of the Assistant Director of the Child Support Services Department.
- Assists the Director with planning, organizing and directing the development and delivery of local child support services, including support administration and enforcement services, collection and distribu-tion of child support, consultation, investigation, and legal support.
- Assists with directing the operations and timeliness of a complex child support accounts receivable sys-tem, including related accounting systems and state reporting systems.
- Assists with providing administrative oversight to the Human Resources functions of the Department; direct the activities of departmental staff through subordinate managers and supervisors; selects staff and evaluates performance; reviews and takes action on disciplinary matters.
- Assists with the development of operational policies and procedures; analyzes and interprets existing and proposed legislation and state policies, procedures and other directives to determine impact on operations.
- Analyzes reports and statistical data; summarizes information and prepares or supervises preparation of reports for management, state, and federal agencies.
- Assists with the coordination of the provision of ser-vices with affected agencies and other County de-partments.
- Attends meetings and provides recommendations on issues germane to the department.
- Assists with the direction of staff in the preparation and monitoring of departmental and state budgets; determines appropriate levels of services; analyzes services to ensure cost efficiency and adequate service levels and superior customer service.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business or public administration or closely-related field, with a Master’s degree being preferred.
- Five years of experience performing duties in a public agency in an administrative or management position, preferably in a child support enforcement agency
- High level of integrity and strong sense of ethics
- Strong leadership skills, proven ability to effectively lead teams and build consensus among staff
- Experience managing and evaluating child support programs with an innovative and experienced problem solver approach to enhance performance of operations and delivery of services to customers
- A strong client focus and a solid under-standing of federal and state civil and criminal laws and regulations applicable to the delivery of child support services
- Strong leadership, administrative, human resources, organizational development, work ethic and fiscal experience
- Strong analytical skills, sound judgment, and a positive attitude
How to Apply
Completed application package, including your application, supplemental application and resume, is to be submitted no later than June 27, 2014 to San Joaquin County Human Resources, Attn: Lisa Nebe, 44 N. San Joaquin Street, Suite 330, Stockton, CA 95202; Tel: 209.468.3370, Fax: 209.468.0508 or Online www.sjgov.org/hr