Location: San Bernardino, CA
The Department of Child Support Services (DCSS) is recruiting for Child Support Operations Managers who, under general direction, plan, organize and oversee the operations of the department, including establishment and enforcement of court orders, program legal operations, program and policy, and clerical functions.
For more detailed information, refer to the Child Support Operations Manager job description.
Salary – $57,740.80 – $79,435.20 Annually
- Plan, organize and manage, through subordinate supervisors, a comprehensive program of child support services; direct operations to ensure optimum organizational performance and compliance with federal and state program requirements.
- Assess program needs including review of operational policies and procedures; assist in establishing operational and performance goals; analyze legislation, and federal and state policies, and make recommendations regarding needed changes; ensure implementation of new policies, systems and procedures; provide guidance regarding policies and procedures to subordinate staff as needed.
- Determine staffing requirements, and make recommendations regarding staffing needs and resources; participate in personnel decisions, including review of staff evaluations, disciplinary actions, and promotions; write and sign performance evaluations for those directly supervised.
- Monitor program costs and ensure expenditures stay within budget; make recommendations regarding facilities, equipment and supplies.
- Analyze and interpret comprehensive management and statistical reports; make recommendations regarding actions needed to improve organizational performance.
- Represent the department when interacting with the public and other governmental entities regarding issues related to the child support program.
- Provide guidance to lower level supervisors regarding sensitive or difficult case problems.
- Prepare, or oversee the preparation of, a variety of correspondence and reports.
- Provide vacation and temporary relief as required.
EDUCATION: Thirty (30) semester (45 quarter) units of completed college coursework in Public/Business Administration, Administration of Justice, Behavioral/Social Science, English, Math or Humanities. A list of coursework must be submitted with the application if the candidate does not possess an Associate’s degree or higher in one of the qualifying fields of study mentioned above.
Substitution: One (1) year of additional qualifying experience may be substituted for 15 semester (23 quarter) units of the required education.
EXPERIENCE (applicant must meet one of the following options):
Option 1: Two (2) years of experience supervising staff responsible for determining the establishment and enforcement of child support obligations.
Option 2: Three (3) years of experience determining the establishment and enforcement of child support obligations AND two (2) years of experience as a full-scope supervisor in another setting.
Option 3: Two (2) years of management-level experience, supervising through multiple subordinate supervisors, over technical or professional level staff in a large office setting.
How to Apply
There will be a competitive evaluation of qualifications based on a review of the Application and Supplemental Questionnaire; therefore it is important that all application materials and responses are complete and clear. Do not refer to a resume as it will not be reviewed.
Applications may be obtained and filed online at: http://www.sbcounty.gov/hr (909) 387-8304 • TTY Users: 711 157 West Fifth Street, 1st Floor, San Bernardino, CA 92415 An Equal Employment Opportunity and ADA Compliant Employer
Close Date: March 18, 2016 by 5:00PM