Location: Martinez, California
Contra Costa County’s Department of Child Support Services (DCSS) is seeking talented and motivated individuals to fill full-time child Support Specialist II positions located in Martinez, CA. DCSS is responsible for establishing, collecting, and distributing child and medical support for minors and is an important part of California’s effort to nurture and protect children and to help them ad their families achieve self-sufficiency and succeed in life.
- Child Support Specialists provide child support collection services which include: interviewing,
- locating absent parents
- establishment of support based on ability to pay
- enforcement of support orders
- collections of support
- and monitoring of support accounts
- Collecting financial obligations and/or being a debt collector
- Utilizing computer systems for research and documenting data
- Significant public contact experience including interviewing and collecting customer information
- Respond positively to the challenges of high volume work and changing priorities
- Perform mathematical calculations needed for basic budget calculations
How to Apply
- Application Filling: All applicants must apply on-line at www.cccounty.us/ hr and submit the information as indicated on the job announcement by the final filing date.
- Application Evaluation: Depending on the number application received, an Application Evaluation Board may be convened to evaluate and select the best-qualified candidates for invitation to the next phase of examination.
- Oral Interview: Conducted by a Qualifications Appraisal Board who will evaluate candidates in job-related areas. Candidates must receive a score of at least 70, which may be an adjusted score, in order to be ranked on the employment list. (Weighted 100%)
The Human Resources Department may change the examination steps noted above in accordance with the Personnel Management Regulations and accepted selection practices. As part of the application process, an applicant may be required to complete a Conviction History form. The Conviction History form should only be submitted when requested.