Location: Placerville/Shingle Springs, California
El Dorado County is seeking a dynamic Child Support Services Director with exceptional management, interpersonal, and communication skills to lead one of the State’s most highly regarded county Child Support Services Departments. This at-will executive level position reports to the Board of Supervisors.
The successful candidate for Director of Child Support Services will have the unique and exciting opportunity to continue to build upon the reputation and success of this Department, ranking in the State of California’s top 10 in meeting Federal Performance Measures for 9 of the last 11 years. The Child Support Services Department is supported by approximately 60 full-time capable employees with a fiscal year 2014/2015 operating budget of $5.9 million.
- Develops and directs the implementation of goals, objectives, work standards and departmental policies and procedures; oversees the preparation and administration of the department’s budget.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates and directs, through subordinate supervisors, all child support and revenue recovery programs of the County.
- Works closely with the Board of Supervisors, Chief Administrative Officer, related County departments and key officials of local, regional, state and federal agencies in developing and implementing programs related to child support.
- Confers with the California Department of Child Support Services regarding annual budget, child support computer applications, policies and legislation.
- Identifies, analyzes and implements state and federal laws, regulations and guidelines for the establishment, enforcement and collection of child support and Welfare reimbursement; reviews legislation and ensures proper implementation.
- Directs the development of management systems, procedures and standards for program evaluation; monitors developments relating to child support, evaluates their impact on County operations and implements change.
- Reviews and evaluates the effectiveness of programs and services and determines priorities.Directs the selection, supervision and work evaluation of departmental staff; provides for their professional training and development.
- Represents the County and department with Merit Systems; analyzes and implements Local Agency Personnel Standards.Confers with staff on specific cases and on major programs; interprets policies and ensures their consistent application; consults with and assists Child Support Attorneys in the development of department legal policies and use of legal remedies.
- Represents the department and County at public meetings; makes or directs presentations and implements programs to provide community education and involvement.
- Prepares or directs the preparation of a variety of periodic and special reports related to departmental action; directs the preparation and submission of mandated financial, statistical and operational reports.
The ideal candidate will possess the equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from a four (4) year college or university with major course work in business or public administration, social services or a related field, AND four (4) years of increasingly responsible management level experience over child support staff or other related executive management experience that includes personnel and complex budget administration. Public agency experience preferred.
How to Apply
Please submit your application on-line at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/edcgov/. The completion of a supplemental questionnaire may be required for your application to be considered complete. All completed applications will be reviewed and the most suitably qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the selection process. Prior to employment, all candidates will undergo background screening. If you require assistance with the application process, please contact the El Dorado County Human Resources Department at (530) 621-5565.