Location: Riverside, California
The County of Riverside is recruiting for a highly experienced Child Support Services professional. This is an exciting opportunity to direct the operation of a well-run and successful Department of Child Support Services. This executive position is an at-will department head appointed by, reporting to, and receiving overall policy guidance from the County Executive Officer/Board of Supervisors. The Director oversees a department with approximately 319 capable employees and an annual operating budget of $35.5 million.
- Review legislation and regulations and formulate or approve policy for efficient administration operations and programs including child, spousal, and medical support enforcement and collection in the County.
- Review and analyze departmental financial and statistical reports and prepare or review annual budget estimates and justifications for proposed expenditures; evaluate the costs and benefits of items proposed for the annual department budget.
- Recruit, interview, select, and hire supervisors, managers, and attorney staff; select, train, supervise and direct top management personnel; coordinate the investigative efforts of attorneys, investigators, and other law enforcement agencies.
- Assist the Grand Jury by offering counsel; may direct the litigation of major or highly complex civil child support establishment or enforcement cases; direct and manage civil and criminal child support enforcement appellate litigation through Chief Deputy and Supervising Deputy Child Support Attorneys.
- Approve major or complex support enforcement case dispositions; oversee attorney and other staff rotations and promotions; review Grand Jury inquiries and citizen complaints.
- Set long-range and short-range goals; implement, communicate, and monitor programs and procedures to accomplish those goals; review and approve contracts; manage grants and statistics; supervise completion of federal and State required collections of accounts receivable and caseload activity reports.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business or public administration, psychology, sociology, political science, or a closely related field is required.
- Possession of Juris Doctorate and active membership in the State Bar of California is preferred but not required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of responsible experience in a supervisory, administrative, or managerial position related to planning, organizing, and directing the various functions and operation of a large county-wide child support office in the State of California.
- Experience with high volume case load is preferred.
- Strong, confident leader who will establish instant credibility as an authority on Child Support Services.
- A solid manager with a focus on employee engagement and the ability to provide strategic direction.
- Be innovative and results-driven with a track record of successful leadership of an organization.
- Have a demonstrated ability to forge effective working relationships with a variety of individuals and groups, build consensus, foster teamwork, and create a climate of trust and respect.
- An individual who will accept responsibility and be accountable for decisions made and actions taken.
- Be known as a person of integrity with a personal commitment to a position of public trust.
- A well-grounded individual, versed in constructive review, evaluation, and common sense with a talent for thinking and applying the contextual environment.
- A leader with core values centered on outcomes, both measurable and meaningful.
How to Apply
This position is open until filled however, candidates are encouraged to apply early in the process for optimal consideration. To be considered, candidates must submit a compelling cover letter, comprehensive resume, salary history, and six (6) professional references via email to email@example.com. Confidential inquiries are welcomed to Mr. Robert Burg at 916/630-4900. Detailed brochure can be found online at www.ralphandersen.com.