Location: Redwood City, California
The San Mateo County Department of Child Support Services is currently seeking a Director to plan, organize, direct and review the functions and activities of our Child Support Services Department. The Department of Child Support Services serves the public by enhancing the quality of life for children and their families by helping parents meet the financial, medical and emotional needs of their children by establishing and enforcing child support orders in an effective, efficient and professional manner. Services provided include locating absent parents, establishing, determining and enforcing support obligations, and collecting disbursements and support payments. The San Mateo County Department of Child Support Services has been the statewide leader in many areas of child support services, including innovative technology solutions.
With a budget of $11 million and a staff of 85 FTEs, the Director will be responsible for:
- Establishing, monitoring, evaluating and revising department goals, objectives, policies and procedures to ensure efficient enforcement of State child support laws and regulations.
- Coordinating assigned activities with other County departments and outside agencies, as well as providing highly responsible and complex administrative support to the County Board of Supervisors and the County Manager.
- 4 years of increasingly responsible experience performing duties related to child support management in a large, complex public agency, including 2 years of senior-level administrative or management responsibilities
- Master’s in Public Administration or related degree is strongly preferred
- An approachable, politically astute leader with a management style that quickly fosters trust, loyalty, respect, commitment and partnership from the community, County managers and employees
- A strategic thinker and planner with innovative yet practical solutions to solve problems in a manner that contributes towards the County’s vision;
- A passionate leader with a clear vision for the future of the organization;
- An experienced manager with a sound understanding of child support laws, programs, operations and funding as well as public administration, human resources, budget and finance
- An innovator willing to take risks and not be threatened by change; a collaborator and team builder who fosters and builds coalitions and works effectively with a variety of stakeholders; and a confident problem-solver with superb communication skills
How to Apply
To learn more about the position and to apply online, please visit our website at http://jobs.smcgov.org. Applications are only accepted online. Recruitment Closing Date: December 29, 2014.