Location: Santa Clara, California
Under general direction, to manage, plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the business activities and staff of either the Establishment, Enforcement or Legal Division of the Department of Child Support Services (DCSS).
$111,086.56 – $135,035.67 Annually
- Plans organizes, manages, and evaluates the staff and functions of either the Establishment, Enforcement or Legal Division of DCSS;
- Interviews, selects and hires staff, determines staffing needs, allocates personnel resources, and oversees the recruitment. training, and supervision of personnel;
- Establishes and implements strategies designed to achieve organizational goals;
- Oversees the development, implementation and evaluation of operational policies, procedures, and activities;
- As a member of the Department’s management team, collaborates with other managers to develop and implement department-wide policies and procedures;
- Provides recommendations during budget process and justification for staffing and equipment for assigned division;
- Represents assigned program before Federal, State, and local committees, task forces, and advisory and planning groups and acts on behalf of the Director of DCSS or his/her designee as directed;
- Effectively plans, organizes, prepares and submits a yearly mandated working plan to the State DCSS to improve on Federal Performance Measures;
- Evaluates proposed legislation and oversees the implementation of changes in laws, regulations, and procedures affecting the Establishment, Enforcement or Legal Divisions;
- Collaborates with information systems staff to identify assigned program’s computer system/database needs and implementing new systems or changes as necessary;
- Prepares reports and correspondence;
- May be assigned as a Disaster Service Worker, as required;
- Performs related duties as required.
- Principles of organization, program management, supervision, and training and development;
- The laws, regulations, policies, procedures and processes related to the establishment and enforcement of child support orders;
- Techniques for organizing and motivating groups;
- Problem solving techniques;
- Accounting principles;
- General principles and applications of modern information systems and common office computer applications such as word processing and spreadsheets.
- Effectively plan, organize, coordinate, and direct the activities of a major operating division;
- Oversee and coordinate the business activities of assigned division and staff to successfully meet mandated State DCSS and Federal timelines and performance measures;
- Effectively select and hire staff, and supervise the work of subordinate supervisors and other staff;
- Interpret, disseminate and implement new State DCSS directives and Federal regulations and procedures into the Division business activities as required;
- Coordinate staff development activities;
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with program staff, other-DCSS representatives, community representatives, the general public, and others contacted in the course of work;
- Prepare clear and concise correspondence, reports and instructions.