Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
The Title IV-E and Foster Care Program Consultant position exists to provide analysis and oversight of the implementation of state and federal laws, rules and policies regarding delivery of child placement services and Title IV-E of the Social Security Act to all Minnesota child servicing and caring systems; assist county and tribal social service agencies in the implementation of Title IV-E maintenance provisions and the systems requirements (SSIS, MAXIS, Licensing, etc.); and to provide overall direction and guidance of the Title IV-E foster care program to the department and public and private child placement agencies.
- Guide and monitor the delivery of child placement services to ensure a comprehensive child placement system statewide that is in compliance with federal and state laws as they pertain to Title IV-E Foster care, Adoption and Guardianship Assistance and Title IV-B regulations.
- Develop and implement departmental policies on child placement in compliance with Title IV-E.
- Assist with the Title IV-E reimbursement program at the state level to ensure that fiscal and program requirements are met.
- Monitor and guide the implementation of Title IV-E programs and policies in county and tribal social service agencies.
- Provide leadership in projecting future needs related to increasing federal Title IV-E reimbursement and strengthening child foster care practice.
- Provide general Title IV-E policy and guidance consultation to tribes.
BA degree in human services, social work, child welfare practice or related field AND 2 year’s professional experience demonstrating the following:
- Knowledge of federal and state child welfare laws, statutes and rules.
- Social work and or case management experience in child welfare.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to research federal and state child welfare laws and practices and write bulletins, summaries, reports and other documents and a clear, concise and professional manner.
- Ability to plan, execute and meet competing priorities and deadlines in a timely manner.
- Ability to travel to counties and tribes and be available for overnight stays when needed.
- Master’s degree in social work, human services or related field.
- Strong group facilitation skills in setting project goals, expectations and planning time lines.
- Social work and or case management experience in child placement (foster care) experience in county or tribal social service agency.
- Knowledge of higher level math and skills needed to review fiscal spreadsheets and formulas on occasion.
How to Apply
Interested candidates must apply online through the State of Minnesota Careers website, which is the state’s official application and hiring site. See instructions below on how to submit your resume and application. For assistance with this process, contact the Website Helpdesk at 651-259-3637 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to apply at your earliest convenience before the posting closes at MIDNIGHT on Friday, June 19th, 2015.
- Go to mn.gov/careers
- Select “Applicant Help”
- Click “Apply for Jobs” to create an account and submit your resume
- Apply for job posting number: 15DHS000457
(NOTE: the classification for this position is Social Services Program Consultant)
If you have questions, please contact:
Pam Hughes, Recruiter