Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Located in downtown Madison, the Department of Children and Families (DCF) has an exciting opportunity to utilize your leadership skills in our IT department. Working for DCF provides a great opportunity to serve the citizens of the State of Wisconsin while working on the latest and greatest technologies.
- Providing leadership to application development project managers, technology specialists, technology vendors and contractors to maximize application resources in support of Department of Children and Families (DCF) strategic goals for the KIDS Information Data System (KIDS). KIDS runs in all county Child Support and Clerk of Courts offices throughout the state on workstation platforms attached to the DOA mainframe. It manages receipts and disbursements of all child support moneys, provides enforcement and locator activities in support of obtaining child support payments and generates all documents necessary for these activities.
- Leading the support and development of multiple multi-year, multi-million dollar projects utilizing highly sophisticated traditional and state-of-the-art and emerging technologies.
- Supervising approximately 20 staff comprised of lead workers, project managers, project leaders, programmer/analysts including contract programmers, who are responsible for day-to-day operational support and for designing, programming, implementing and maintaining the automated Child Support system
- Developing and monitoring operating plans and budgets, policies, procedures, standards and guidelines to insure cost-effective, customer-focused delivery of application development systems and services
- Identifying resources needed for each project, determining staffing needs, acquiring outside contractor services, and managing the staffing resources to provide application development and support to customers including the direct public.
- Assisting and advising BITS management on priorities, finances, hardware/software purchases, business opportunities and customer service issues
- Contributing to the development and implementation of BITS policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines
- Evaluating BITS applications development processes in order to promote increased productivity, quality and customer service, and employee satisfaction
- Participating in BITS and agency strategic planning efforts, and developing and managing operating plans, which support those plans
- Broad knowledge of: IT concepts, principles, practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of: priority setting across multiple, large, highly complex mainframe IT projects; priority setting across multiple, large, highly complex web .Net IT projects; project management of large mainframe (COBOL, DB2, CICS) IT projects; project management of large web .Net IT project; systems development life cycle for IT projects; project estimating, project planning, monitoring for large IT projects using automated project management tools; recruitment, transfer, discharge, and disciplinary procedures; systems analysis, design and implementation, cost-benefit analysis, and creating project proposals; technical and business system performance tuning of large, highly complex information systems with a very large database (i.e. hundreds of tables, millions of rows); standards creation; methods to identify and implement customer service improvements; and Application Development CICS, DB2, Cobol Mainframe systems.
- Ability to: guide project leaders and technical leads on multiple, large IT projects; plan for and manage the staffing resources for large IT projects; lead production support activities and production problem-solving for large IT systems; lead the development and implementation of standards, policies, procedures and guidelines for IT systems development; and lead teams on IT projects.
- Excellent communication (written & oral) skills
How to Apply
For complete information and on-line application instructions, go to:
In order to be considered for this position you must apply on-line at the above URL.
The deadline to apply is March 3, 2014.