Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
This is responsible for the Communications and Training Unit (CTU), whose mission is to provide appropriate communications and training to child support staff at the State’s Child Support Bureau, the County Prosecutors and Clerks offices, and external stakeholders. This position ensures a high level of competence and professionalism on the part of writers, trainers and communications specialists. The position reports directly to the CSB Assistant Deputy Director.
Essential duties/responsibilities include:
- Manage the Communications and Training staff:
- In conjunction with the CSB Senior Management, provide vision for agency training efforts for all CSB staff, County IV-D Prosecutor Staff, appropriate County Clerk of Court staff, and other identified stakeholders.
- Supervise, train, evaluate, guide, monitor a diverse staff with regard to attendance and work performance.
- Oversee the CTU staff on the delivery of services including but not limited to training addressing child support business and technical practices for all CSB staff, County IV-D Prosecutor Staff, appropriate County Clerk of Court staff, and other identified stakeholders. .
- Track progress of work completed in the CTU Unit.
- Attend required staff meetings and provide updates to the unit as needed.
- Oversee CSB/ISETS Communications and Training Materials:
- Oversee the development of standardized processes, templates, manuals, and all communications tools for business and technical teams.
- Oversee the efficient management of the tools used in tracking the accomplishment of the Unit’s tasks including Microsoft Sharepoint (Child Support Resources (CSR) website); Microsoft Outlook and various distance learning tools.
- Oversee the team responsible for reviewing, editing, publicizing and maintaining procedure, communication, and policy materials.
- Oversees the team responsible for writing, editing, revising and/or delivering training on new CSB policies, documentation, or procedures.
- Create or facilitate creation of graphics, charts, and/or flows to meet publication requirements.
- Manage communication tools of CSB to major stakeholders, which include: internal internet website; policy and training documents; general communications; Action Transmittals; emails; and letters.
- Oversee all Training Efforts, County Relations Efforts, CSB Outreach Efforts:
- Centralize and coordinate all CSB/ISETS training efforts.
- Train CSB employees and external stakeholders as needed.
- Manage the expectations of customers, peers, vendors and management.
- Establish and maintain strategic partnerships with assigned customers in order to help them meet their business and technical needs.
- Recommends and facilitates quality improvement efforts.
- May act as project manager in some cases.
- Work with CSB and ISETS leadership and peers to set direction and strategy.
- Participates in weekly management and strategy meetings.
- Participates in goal setting.
- Communicates strategy and goals to staff.
- Ability to lead, encourage and influence others to perform;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Ability to manage diverse human resources and interact with diverse audiences;
- Thorough knowledge of the Child Support Enforcement systems and Child Support requirements;
- Advanced knowledge of policy and training process tools, and best practices;
- Advanced knowledge of project management theories and practices and the ability to apply that knowledge;
- Thorough knowledge of the organization’s business systems and industry requirements;
- Thorough knowledge of technical problems and solutions as they relate to the current and future business environment.
- Occasional travel within the State is required, including overnights.
How to Apply:
Please apply through State of Indiana at: http://in.gov/spd/2333.htm
Position ID is 587226
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. Thursday, December 5, 2013.