Location: Loma Linda, CA
The Department of Child Support Services is recruiting for a Supervising Child Support Attorney who will supervise the daily operations of the attorney’s unit. Incumbents oversee the administration of complex civil and criminal cases, including paternity, support, interstate cases, and cases that may be highly visible or sensitive. Additionally, Supervising Child Support Attorneys may provide budgetary input; participate in hiring and disciplinary actions; train and evaluate work performance of Child Support attorneys; recommend personnel actions; and review and evaluate disposition of difficult and sensitive cases.
For more detailed information, refer to the Supervising Child Support Attorney job description.
Salary – $109,200.00 – $150,550.40 Annually
- Supervise and direct the day-to-day operations of the office and the administration of cases processed by attorneys assigned to the Department of Child Support Services.
- Participate in hiring and disciplinary actions, train and evaluate work performance of attorneys, recommend personnel actions.
- Assign work and caseload responsibilities to subordinate attorneys and legal support staff; advise and train attorneys on the conduct of their assigned cases; provide guidance on law and policy matters and trial procedure and/or strategy.
- Monitor all processes and procedures to ensure adherence to Federal and State compliance requirements; assist Chief Child Support Attorney and other executive managers in assessing existing policies and processes; coordinate the implementation of new policies and procedures.
- Develop, monitor and facilitate completion of goals and objectives for the attorney team and legal staff.
- Handle the most difficult and or complex civil and criminal paternity, support, and interstate cases (in Superior Court) which may have policy ramifications or cases that may be highly visible or sensitive.
- May represent the Chief Child Support Attorney at meetings; acts for the Chief Child Support Attorney during absences.
- Provides vacation and temporary relief as required.
Bar License: Must be a member in good standing of the California Bar Association.
Experience (must meet one of the following):
Option 1: Three (3) years of experience as a Child Support Attorney in a government Child Support Enforcement Agency.
Option 2: Four (4) years of attorney experience in child support, civil, or family law which includes one (1) year as a senior attorney responsible for directing special projects, or serving as a supervising or lead attorney.
Option 3: Four (4) years of experience as an attorney in a city, county, state or federal government agency which includes one (1) year as a senior attorney responsible for directing special projects or serving as a supervising or lead attorney.
How to Apply
There will be a competitive evaluation of qualifications based on a review of the Application and Supplemental Questionnaire; therefore it is important that all application materials and responses are complete and clear. Do not refer to a resume as it will not be reviewed.
Applications may be obtained and filed online at: http://www.sbcounty.gov/hr (909) 387-8304 • TTY Users: 711 157 West Fifth Street, 1st Floor, San Bernardino, CA 92415 An Equal Employment Opportunity and ADA Compliant Employer
Close Date: March 25, 2016 by 5:00PM