Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
This position exists to provide supervision to a team of professional and administrative support, training system staff and build organizational effectiveness capacity for the training system to carry out the development, administration and provision of multimodal, multidisciplinary child welfare training for county, tribal and private agency staff; foster/adoptive/kinship care providers; and other child welfare system stakeholders and professional groups in accordance with best practices standards, state and federal laws, and division priorities; and in alignment with the Minnesota Child Welfare Practice Model.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
- Leads staff to achieve objectives of the child welfare training system by building ownership by letting team refine its vision, purpose, objectives and work products. Forms teams with the right people to implement vision through hiring, promoting, evaluating, and other human resource functions including first level administration of applicable labor contracts in consultation with Human Resources Department.
- Defines priorities and expectations in a clear manner; provides clear instructions and explanations when giving assignments; manages time and resources effectively to assure completion of projects in a timely manner; draws on the talents and expertise of each team member when assigning tasks; empowers and develops staff through delegation in the administration and provision of competency based child welfare training.
- Directs the development of training curricula for the child welfare training system in accordance with best practices standards, state and federal laws and division priorities.
- Establishes and carries out procedures/methods to facilitate participation and coordination in development and provision of child welfare training with policy, program and support system staff from across the division.
- Maintains proficiency in child welfare and training best practices, policy an application.
- Seeks out information on innovative and emerging training delivery models including use of technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field.
- Extensive experience and background in a public child welfare agency with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a supervisory position, OR 5 years’ public child welfare practice experience of which 2 years are focused on public child welfare curricula.
- Ability to communicate effectively by applying advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate effective and creative problem solving and apply sound judgment to determine emergency or non-critical responses.
- Ability to lead teams, work as a member of a team, and foster a positive, productive and collegial work environment respectful of cultural and other differences.
- Ability to initiate activities for self and others based on own perception of what needs to be done.
- Ability to manage information through application of basic computer skills and other technologies.
- Ability to clarify expected performance, assess and coach staff to satisfactory performance.
- Ability to formulate useful explanations or approaches or approaches for complex problems, situations or opportunities. Encourages others in brainstorming and fosters creativity in approaches to problems and new initiatives.
- Ability to manage and prioritize work by applying time and project management knowledge and skills.
- Ability to lead in a changing environment and provide leadership to a professional team.
- Advanced degree in social work or related field.
- Experience in training systems and principles in adult learning.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates MUST apply through the State of Minnesota Careers website, which is the state’s official hiring site. Below are detailed instructions on how to submit your resume and apply. If you have additional questions you can contact the recruitment office at 651-431-3674 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to apply at your earliest convenience before the position closes at MIDNIGHT on MONDAY MARCH 10th, 2014.
Submit your resume:
- Visit www.careers.state.mn.us
- Select “My State Job Search” (upper right hand corner)
- Select “Create a My State Job Search Account”
- Complete the instructions under New Account
- Once your account has been established, select “Resume Builder”
- Build a resume or paste a text copy of your existing resume
- Use the “Job-Specific Questions” space for your cover letter (optional)
- Complete required sections of “Supplemental Information”
- You MUST click “Submit Your Resume” at the bottom of the page!
After you have created your new account and submitted your resume, you can apply for the Training System Supervisor opening (the state classification is Childrens Svcs Prog Supv):
- Select “Apply for Jobs”
- Select “Apply for Positions”
- Enter this posting number: 14DHS000316
- Select “Continue” and verify the position is correct
- Select “Apply”
- Save your user ID and password for future use.
- Make sure your resume clearly states all relevant skills and experience, along with the beginning and ending months and years of each position you have held.
- If you have any difficulties, contact the website helpdesk at 651-259-3637 or email@example.com.