NCSEA offers the child support member organizations the opportunity to post any open positions on its website for 30 days. If you would like to include a job to be featured on our Job Board, complete the application below and return to Ann Marie Ruskin , NCSEA Executive Director.
Job Posting: Director, Division of Program Development
Organization: Maryland Department of Human Services – Child Support Administration
Location: 311 W. Saratoga Street, Baltimore, MD 21201
This position serves as the Director of the Division of Program Development with the Department of Human Service (DHS), Child Support Administration (CSA). The incumbent in this position is responsible for developing, reviewing, analyzing, interpreting, and implementation of child support related policy, training, legislation, regulations, customer service and communications (internal and external), data analysis and performance metrics administered by CSA; and coordinates CSA press inquiries and public information act requests with DHS, Office of Communications.
Oversees the development, implementation and maintenance of up-to-date legislation, regulations, policies, and training for all CSA programs; interfaces with CSA stakeholders and community partners to accomplish tasks; oversees the maintenance of a current, accurate, and federally approved state plan and amendments for the Maryland Child Support Program on file with the Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement; ensures Maryland maintains and implements all laws that are federally required for implementation for the establishments and enforcement of child support orders and related timeframes; addresses request for information from the Governors staff, press, and the public information act in coordination with DHS, Office of Communications; interprets federal/state laws, develops written regulations, policies and procedures for the administration of Child Support Programs in Maryland; oversees the training of staff responsible for the development and ongoing management of statewide programs, such as guidelines revisions, tax intercept and passport denial programs, and federal incentive funded projects to ensure local performance and program compliance with state and federal program requirements; oversees the development and delivery of training calls, webinars or other training on new policies and legislative mandates; and performs other related duties as assigned.
Education: Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: Three (3) years of senior management level leadership experience, ideally in some combination of the following areas: Family Law knowledge and Human Services Program Development to include planning, developing, reviewing, analyzing, interpreting, and implementing policy, training, legislation, regulations, customer service and communications (internal and external), data analysis and performance metrics/goals.
Note: Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may also be substituted for the required general experience at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for one year of the required general experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
• Possession of a Juris Doctor or Masters degree in Political Science or a related field from an accredited college or university.
• Experience analyzing and drafting legislative bills as well as preparing and giving testimony.
• Experience with Family Law related to child support, including legal and legislation.
• Experience with quantitative research, grants/grant writing, and government affairs.
• Experience with the Title IV-D Child Support Program.
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Experience with Servant Leadership and supervision of management level positions.
• Strong customer service and outstanding oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to build strategic partnerships across local, state agencies, federal government, profit/non-profit, advocacy and customers.
• Ability to plan, organize, direct, and manage multiple projects to meet strict deadlines.
How to Apply: